and Bolts Duo
- My lessons take place in my music room, which has
interesting musical instruments.
- I encourage all my students to call me Sue - even
children. This gives a pleasant informal and friendly feel to
- I am prepared to teach any age,
beginners and upwards, and am quite happy if an adult wishes to sit in
- I don't mind your children / siblings sitting and
listening, but they must be able to sit quietly and behave.
- I believe that music is to be enjoyed, therefore I
discourage attendance by students who are obviously not interested.
- I will ask what you want from lessons, what your goal
e.g. leisure playing only / exams / both.
- If you are a beginner, either I will purchase a
you, and ask you to reimburse me on your first lesson, or I will advise
you which book to purchase.
- If you have played before, I will ask you to bring
music which you enjoy playing, so that I can assess you.
- I will encourage open communication, so I am aware of
problems, or if you have changed your mind about your goal.
- My goal is to have fun!
- Practice is very important in order to make progress,
if you have just not been able to do so in any week, do not
We'll play something else!
- If you are playing for leisure, I will encourage you
bring music you would like to learn.
Availability and Pricing
- I teach only on weekdays, in the afternoons and early
- I do not teach at the weekend, except to squeeze you
a trial, if you can't make your regular lesson, or if you have an
exam coming up!
- My rates are:
for 20 minutes, including trials
for children under 7 years, or older children with a very short
for 30 minutes
for children aged 7 upwards, and beginner to intermediate
for 40 minutes
for more experienced players, or if you're working towards an exam)
for 60 minutes
for those who prefer longer lessons, or if an exam date is imminent!)
- Online payment, due by the first scheduled lesson of each
- Cash on the day of your lesson if it's a trial, or during
the school holidays
- If I receive less than 24 hours' notice of
cancellation of a lesson, or in the case of a no show, unfortunately
the full lesson fee will be due.
- I usually teach during the holidays, so you
never have to miss lessons for 6 weeks over summer, unless you have a
- I usually take my holidays during term time, although not